Gail’s Coca-Cola Cake
- 2 sticks butter
- 11/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 heaping Tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1 cup Coke (I use Vanilla Coke if available)
- Melt above in a medium saucepan until boiling, stirring so cocao does not burn. Pour over 2 c sugar and 2 c flour. Beat until combined, about a minute. Add two eggs and beat until combined.
- Measure 1/2 c buttermilk and stir into it 1 tsp baking soda and
- 3 tsp vanilla extract (recipe calls for 1 tsp, but I use a bit more extract). Pour buttermilk mixture into batter and beat about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured bundt pan (I use Baker’s Joy. If you use two 6 cup bundt pans (like I do), then you bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. If you use the normal, large 12 cup bundt pan, then bake for 55 minutes, testing with a cake tester around 50 minutes. Allow to cool for 7-10 minutes in pan, then flip onto a cooling rack.
- 1 stick butter
- 5-6 Tbsp coke
- 2 heaping Tbsp of cocoa powder
- Melt until just boiling (stir often so chocolate doesn’t burn).
- Pour over a box (1 lb.) of sifted confectioner’s sugar and beat just until combined.
- Pour over cake.
Bribe your children to eat their dinner with the left over frosting.